I recently ran across a combination of two of my favorite things — Wall Decals and Vintage Travel Posters. I thought I was seeing things, it was too good to be true! I am currently decorating my bedroom in a travel theme and have been on the look out for vintage travel posters but these wall decals may be a better answer! At the very least, it’s an alternative!
Vintage Travel Theme Wall Decals
I guess, moving around while growing up has stayed in my blood. I don’t want to go back to that gypsy way of life (military brat) but I love to pay homage to vintage travel and different places around the world.
I think that’s why I decided my bedroom would be a great place to try out this theme. I am taking my time, finding just the right decor items and these wall decals are just about at the top of my list right now.
Here are a few I am considering:
Why Wall Decals?
There are actually a few reasons wall decals would work really well for me and maybe for you. Let’s take a look:
- I have an older home. The walls are plaster instead of drywall. Hanging things with nails or traditional wall hangers causes big holes in the wall.
- I tend to change my mind. I like how easy it would be to change these wall decals for others if the mood strikes.
- They are thicker because the designs are printed on fabric rather than shiny vinyl. This adds depth and texture to your room in one fell swoop.
- I love posters but they just seem “unfinished” if they aren’t framed. These decals have a finished look and I don’t have to pay for custom frames!
Features of Wall Decals
I’m gonna quickly highlight some of the features of wall decals. If you have never worked with them, you will be surprised how easy, fast and affordable they are.
- They use a low-tac adhesive to adhere to almost any flat surface. Besides your painted walls, you can use them on cabinets, appliances, windows, doors or anywhere that is flat.
- Because of the low-tac adhesive, you can remove them. You just place them back on the original backing or on wax paper. Roll it up and store it in a room temperature, dry place.
- Because the designs are printed on fabric rather than vinyl, you don’t get a glare from any angle in any light. This is a big plus!
- The decals are non-toxic and eco-friendly — that’s a plus in my book!
- They are made in the USA. Gotta support ourselves!
- Most designs are available in 12″, 24″, 36″ and 48″ sizes. Not all, but most.
There are hundreds of designs to choose from in different categories including the travel posters. You might want to take a look. These wall decals could be just what you are looking for too!